Thursday, August 11, 2011

a little peace

a little peace 

I think it is fascinating how making art and the act of creating something from the heart really brings out what we are feeling inside and somehow gives us just what we need. Most of the time when I sit down to draw, I do not have a specific idea in mind. Often, I have many ideas churning around in my head. Ideas that sometimes have been jotted down on a scrap of paper or quickly sketched somewhere on a random napkin, in my ipad or whatever I could get my hands on at the moment of conception... But then, usually, when I have the time to really create and I sit down with paper and paint, it is mostly not with something specific in mind. It is with a hundred ideas bubbling and somehow the one, most ripe, comes to the surface. It is pretty much, the way I have always done things. I do wish I was more focused and  I could actually create a more cohesive body of work ( I am trying, really.) But I do know this intuitive, random act of creating, somehow helps me to sort things out. I feel it is a way to feed my spirit and let out what ails me in a good and healthy way. I was feeling very frustrated and upset with life when this came spilling out onto the page. I am not sure how something so sweet and calm came out of me when I was feeling quite down, but she arrived on the page and just looking at her made me feel better. Honestly, all I needed was a little peace. xokp

7 comments:

  1. i loooove her & your whole story.
    & wholeness did arrive.
    & you welcomed her.
    peace indeed.
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. love her! Looks like she came from your desire for peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love her, such a little angel. very sweet and peaceful. xo sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's perfect! I totally relate to your words, ... What you said is exactly how I feel most of the time (especially the part about wishing you were more focused) but I couldn't have communicated it as well as you did. Thanks so much for sharing! xxoo ~I wish you peace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, she is really beautiful! I adore her! love this post!

    ReplyDelete

I thank you from the bottom of my art for leaving a comment!